Apart from our mobile phones, the next most-used electrical device we use has to be our laptops. Whether you study or work, starting from the important assignments to creative projects are all impossible to do without laptops.
In this black and white life of busyness, you can add a little color with the use of laptop stickers. It doesn’t only enhance the beauty of your laptop but also demonstrates your individuality and personality.
However, you need to know how to do it properly because pasting tonnes of stickers will not make it look better. Most people do it and then regret it because it looks weird and meaningless.
So, we will provide you with some guidelines on how to decorate your laptop with stickers and what to look out for so that you can come up with an aesthetic look for your laptop!
Prepare Your Device
We know you are all excited about giving your laptop a new look, but it is important to make sure the area you are pasting your sticker on is clean and the stickers do not come off easily.
- Turn your laptop off and remove any power source
- If there are any sticker residue, remove them completely
- Use a microfiber cloth or alcohol wipes to clean the surface of the laptop where you intend to paste the stickers
- Let it dry and then paste the stickers
What Type Of Stickers Should I Use?
There are a lot of varieties of stickers you can find. You will know the varieties of stickers better if you are someone who buys a lot of stickers and uses them in your notebooks. Try to buy stickers which are-
- Long-lasting with adhesive properties
You can use the large stickers which cover the whole case of the laptop, or you can use small ones. You can also use a combination of both types of stickers.
Another tip to make your laptop look good is to use stickers with the same theme or use stickers with a contrasting color. This will give the laptop a very unique look.
How To Decorate Laptop With Stickers
Full-Sized Laptop Stickers/Laptop Skins
Note that full-sized laptop stickers or laptop skins are more difficult to paste compared to small stickers. It is because they have the exact measurements of the laptop surface. So, it needs to be pasted very carefully.
- Shut down your laptop and disconnect it from the charger, if it is plugged in
- Remove any old sticker or residue
- Clean the laptop surface with a piece of microfiber cloth or alcohol wipes
- Let it rest while it dries
- Check if the size of the laptop sticker is enough to cover your laptop lid
- If the sticker is not cut out to the length of your laptop already, trace the size of your laptop and cut the sticker as precisely as possible
- Do not peel the entire sticker at first, start from a corner of the laptop and slowly peel the sticker off as you reach the other corner
- As you peel the sticker off, use the thumb of your hand to paste the sticker properly so that air bubbles cannot form
- If you notice air bubbles forming, you can unpeel the sticker and paste it again in that certain area. You will not be able to do this if you peel the sticker off entirely at first
Small stickers are very easy to apply compared to full-sized ones. As they are small, you can paste some together to make your laptop lid look unique.
You can use a particular theme, your favorite color, some of your favorite quotations from your favorite shows or movies, or your favorite lyrics from your playlist, the choice is yours!
To paste the small stickers, turn off your laptop and clean the laptop surface. Peel the sticker off and stick it on your laptop. If you want, you can also paste stickers beside the touchpad of your laptop.
More Sticker Ideas
It is said that you can tell a lot about a person by the stickers on their laptop. There are so many types of stickers nowadays and what you go for distinguishes you from many people. Some tickers with glitter will look pretty for sure, but they will not express your personality that much.
Stationery shops have a lot of varieties of stickers. If you want customized stickers, online shops can help you out in that case. On the other hand, if you are into art and crafts, why not use some DIY methods to make your stickers!
Here are some fun ideas of stickers that you can choose from, depending on what you like.
- Your place of origin. If you have a deep attachment towards your country, any information about your country will perfectly express it
- Motivational quotes. We need a daily dose of these quotes, whether be it for school or work, or even life in general. Seeing the quotes now and then will certainly give you the motivation to get your work done.
- Your favorite TV show, movie, or quotes. It can be anything that makes you happy because sometimes all that we need.
- Customized sticker of your pet or your favorite animal
- Your favorite food and drink
- Your favorite theme
Decorating your laptop does not only make you happy but also adds a little bit of color and life to your laptop. When you wake up in the morning every day, you will not have a tedious feeling, and you will get the motivation you need!
It is also the time for the creative people out there because nothing will be more beautiful than the customized stickers you will make for yourself. So let’s get started!